N-TRON® Introduces the 7506GX2 Fully Managed All Gigabit Industrial Ethernet SwitchWednesday, Oct 07, 2009
Mobile, AL – October 7, 2009 - N-TRON Corporation, a global leader in Industrial Networking, today announced the newest addition to its family of fully managed Industrial Ethernet switches. Housed in a compact, hardened, extruded aluminum enclosure the all-Gigabit 7506GX2 is designed to provide maximum performance in harsh, high traffic applications such as security and video surveillance. The rugged 7506GX2 features four auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports and 2 SFP expansion ports for optional Multimode fiber, Singlemode fiber or 1000BaseT copper connections.
• Four 10/100/1000BaseT(X) RJ-45 Ports with Auto Sensing 10/100/1000BaseT(X), Duplex, and MDIX
• Two SFP (Mini-GBIC) Gigabit Expansion Slots
- 1000BaseSX Multimode Fiber SFP pluggable Mini-GBIC Transceiver (optional)
- 1000BaseLX Multimode Fiber SFP pluggable Mini-GBIC Transceiver (optional)
- 10km, 40km and 70km transceivers available
- 1000BaseT Copper SFP pluggable Mini-GBIC Transceiver (optional)
• -40°C to 85°C Operating temperature
• Rugged DIN-Rail Enclosure
• ESD and Surge Protection Diodes on all Ports
• Redundant Power Inputs (10-49VDC)
• Configurable Bi-Color Fault Status LED
• Store-and-forward Technology
• Onboard Temperature Sensor
• Memory Card Configuration Backup (optional)
“Gigabit Ethernet provides the bandwidth required to support video traffic from security and surveillance cameras,” said N-TRON President and CEO, Warren Nicholson. Security and surveillance networks can now easily tie into traditional Ethernet networks, providing a cost effective alternative to the proprietary solutions that have been used in the past. “N-TRON’s proven product reliability and advanced management capability are key features in the surveillance and security market. Our N-Ring technology provides the redundancy needed in critical surveillance applications, while features such as IGMP snooping and query management provide a mechanism to efficiently manage multicast video broadcasts.”
The 7506GX2 comes with N-TRON’s comprehensive suite of advanced management features including:
• SNMP v1, v2, v3
• EtherNet/IP™ – CIP Messaging
• Web Browser Management
• DHCP Server, Option 82 relay, Option 61
• Detailed Ring Map and Fault Location Charting
• Local Port IP Addressing
• N-Ring™ Technology with ~30ms Healing
• Configuration backup via Optional SD card
• N-View™ OPC Monitoring
• Jumbo Frame Support
• N-Link™ Redundant N-Ring Coupling
• IGMP Auto Configuration
• LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol)
• 802.1Q tag VLAN and Port VLAN
• 802.1p QoS and Port QoS
• 802.1d, 802.1w, 802.1D RSTP
• Port Trunking
• Port Mirroring
Pricing and Availability:
N-TRON’s 7506GX2 Industrial Ethernet switch is available now through our worldwide network of distributors. For a list of distributors, contact N-TRON at 251-342-2164 or visit our web site at www.n-tron.com.
7506GX2 Fully Managed Gigabit Industrial Ethernet Switch with four 10/100/1000BaseT(X) Ports
and two SFP Mini-GBIC Expansion Slots $899 OEM price
7506GX2-SX Fully Managed Gigabit Industrial Ethernet Switch with four 10/100/1000BaseT(X) Ports
and two NTSFP-SX, 1000BaseSX Multimode Fiber Pluggable Mini-GBIC LC Style
550m transceivers factory installed. $1,100 OEM price
7506GX2-LX-10 Fully Managed Gigabit Industrial Ethernet Switch with four 10/100/1000BaseT(X) Ports
and two NTSFP-LX-10, 1000BaseLX Singlemode Fiber Pluggable Mini-GBIC LC Style,
10km transceivers factory installed. $1,250 OEM price
Optional 1000BaseT Copper and 40km Singlemode Fiber, and 70km Singlemode Fiber,
SFP pluggable Mini-GBIC transceivers are also available.
Optional 1000BaseT Copper and 40km Singlemode Fiber, and 70km Singlemode Fiber, SFP pluggable Mini-GBIC transceivers are also available.
N-TRON Corp. develops, manufactures, and markets highly reliable industrial network products, designed to solve the most demanding communications requirements in mission critical industrial, data acquisition, Ethernet I/O, and process control applications.
Globally recognized as a market leader in the Industrial Ethernet marketplace, N-TRON’s products are used throughout the world in a wide variety of applications including maritime, process control, wind farms, wastewater treatment plants, nuclear power plants, solar energy, and security and surveillance where reliability is an absolute necessity.
N-TRON is headquartered in Mobile, Alabama, with operations located throughout the United States, Canada, EMEA, India and the Pacific Rim. N-TRON products are distributed in over 75 countries worldwide.